NAME________________________________Great American Speeches. Program 4
Fill in below what you are doing/saying and insert where you will use illustrations media etc and what the media is. This will help you develop your Persuasive Speech Outline which is due Wednesday 27th October (ALSO SEE PAGE 338 IN YOUR BOOK). This report will be handed in with the other reports on 7th November.
Motivated Sequence Evaluation, Persuasive Speech
TOPIC TITLE ___________________________
THESIS STATEMENT (POSITION SENTENCE)_________________________________________________
Attention Step (focus listeners' attention) Intro
Orient Audience Toward Topic (thesis)
Preview of what will be said.
Need Step (demonstrate a real problem exists) Body
Statement of Need
Illustration of Need
Satisfaction Step (propose a solution to the problem)
Statement of Solution
Visualization Step (give listeners a vision of the impact of the solution)
Creation of Vividness for Audience
Action Step (ask listeners to do something to bring about your solution) Conc
Concrete Action Outlined for Audience
End with Impact
Answer the following questions as you watch this video.
REPORT ASSIGNMENT 4b LISTENING EXERCISE
Language for Speaking and Writing About Disabilities
Report 4-C do in group and put together with Report 4 A and 4 B (Kennedy speech)
Correct each of the following sentences using the guidelines presented in class, including (and especially) people-first language.
1. Her daughter is autistic.
2. The ARC is an organization that helps the mentally retarded.
3. I took a class about learning disabled children.
4. Gallaudet is a college for the deaf.
5. A learning disabilities teacher has many opportunities to help the mentally challenged.
6. I donate money to organizations that help the handicapped.
7. After suffering a spinal cord injury, he became a paraplegic and was confined to a wheelchair.
8. He is a polio victim who currently suffers form post-polio syndrome.
9. We saw a video about a schizophrenic woman.
10. She is afflicted with multiple sclerosis and is bedridden.
11. He was crippled from birth.
12. There was a blind girl in my calculus class.